Morgan Stanley recognized employee Andrew Cook, for his volunteer efforts on behalf of Second Helpings with a donation from their Morgan Stanley Foundation. Cook is vice president, the board of directors, and has served on the Second Helpings board for five years. We applaud him for his commitment and thank Morgan Stanley for this recognition. Cook and fellow employees from the Hilton Head office volunteer every second Thursday at the Palmetto Breeze FILL THE NEED food distribution program that feeds over 80 bus passengers traveling from rural areas to work on Hilton Head Island. Pictured here is Ty Cook, partner, and father with Andrew Cook volunteering on June 14.
We have a new part-time job opening for the Beaufort Food Rescue and Agency Outreach Coordinator. Take your passion for Second Helpings to a new level. See the details and then apply.
A special thank you is extended to Colleton River Plantation Club Operation Santa Claus Fund, within the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry. They donated funds in April to support Second Helpings’ Healthy Food Program. This grant will support seven agencies and their clients in the Bluffton community. This gift was made possible through the efforts of the grant committee at Colleton River Plantation and Second Helpings’ board member and Bluffton resident, James Grove.
Last year Second Helpings rescued over 2.8 million pounds of food, counting one million in fresh produce. Second Helpings is your local and only agency that rescues food in Beaufort, Jasper and Hampton counties free of charge and is a United Way Agency.
- Board Member is recognized by Morgan Stanley for his efforts on behalf of Second Helpings
- Job Opening in Beaufort - Join our Team
- Christmas comes early to Second Helpings
- Letter Carriers Food Drive
- Dataw Island Resident Joins Board of Directors of Second Helpings
- Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation Awards Second Helpings two grants in 2017-2018
- Employer HR Group helps Second Helpings
- Palmetto Breeze Transit and Second Helpings partner to FILL THE NEED!
- Second Helpings Wins Organization of the Year Award for Program to Provide with Palmetto Breeze Transit
- Hargray's Caring Coins Foundation Celebrates $3 million in donations
- Thank you Hampton Hall Charitable Fund
- Donate the Value of a Meal to Help Feed the Hungry
- Jo Pender Joins Second Helpings Board of Directors
- October Food Drive to help Hilton Head Employees who ride the Palmetto Breeze buses
- Congratulations to Palmetto Bluff - Recipient of the Founder Award
- September is Hunger Awareness Month
- Second Annual Hunger Games To Benefit Second Helpings
- Thank You - Long Cove Plantations residents
- Beaufort farms to provide fresh produce to Second Helpings partner agencies
- Share The Bounty - September 21, 2017
- Junior Service League of Beaufort Grant Reward 2016
- Grant from Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina
- Grant from Wexford Plantation Charitable Foundation
- Women in Philanthropy provides Grant to Second Helpings
- WOMEN POWER!!!
- Grant Received from Beaufort County Community Services
- Grant Received from Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation
- Second Helpings obtains grant for Fresh Food Initiative
- Group46 Received ADDY Award for Creative Word on Behalf of Second Helpings
- Second Helpings receives grant from the Belfair 1811 Charitable Fund
- Second Helpings hires new Executive Director
- Share the Bounty Success
- Doubling Down on Giving
- Top Ten States with the Highest Grocery Bills
- As the saying goes “It takes a village” but in our case a farm
- Share the Bounty - September 29
- Become a Food Waste Warrior
- 2015 Impact of Second Helpings
- Civitas Award 2014: Outstanding Non-Profit
- The Island News: Second Helpings
- SC Secretary of State Designates Second Helpings as a 2013 Angel Charity