Every fortunate nonprofit representative to receive a grant from this generous program looks forward to mingling with the residents of Berkeley Hall who raise funds in their community to help those in need. Jo Pender, president, and Lili Coleman, the executive director were on hand on January 23 to be awarded a grant for Second Helpings' Healthy Food Initiative.
We were greeted graciously by smiling hosts assigned to assure us a rewarding bonding experience. As soon as we entered the lounge area we were offered a beverage of choice. The room was filled with the tantalizing smell of favorable appetizers, beautifully displayed and ready for the hungry guests. Nonprofit representatives were seated at round tables with members of the community. This gave us a productive opportunity to talk about our agency and its programs.
This year Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation funded 24 projects with 22 nonprofits. Since its start over $1.4 million has been awarded. This grant program members believe it is important to GIVE WHERE YOU LIVE.
Thank you, grant committee, for recognizing the importance of fresh produce to all of our local residents.
Last year, Second Helpings provided over 714,000 pounds of fresh produce to their partner agencies.
Special thank you to the volunteers and board of the Church Mouse Thrift Store. This past Saturday, Second Helpings was one of many local nonprofits who benefitted from their grant distribution event. We are so proud of all the effort and time it takes to review grants and we promise to be great stewards of your funds and support.
Every year, Bargain Box honors its volunteers and their grant recipients with funding and the most pleasant celebration. This year we all gathered at the Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort on Tuesday, January 14 surrounded by a Gatsby fashion theme. Flash, sparkle, and feathers filled the banquet hall. The centerpieces on the tables were crystal bowls filled with donated jewels. The stage was set with jaw-dropping donated black-tie fashions.
(All available at their store!) I'm going shopping.
Thank you Bargain Box volunteers for all your hard work that resulted in raising $15,295,945 of funding raised and donated to organizations like Second Helpings. This thrift store has been in operations since 1965. This year they distributed over 45 grants amounting to $450,000.
- Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation Member Mingle Showcases Grantees
- Special Thank you to The Church Mouse
- Thank you so much BARGAIN BOX
- Special thank you to Calhoun Station - a Thrift Store for Charity
- Tackle Hunger and Sample Soup at 2nd Annual SouperBowl of Caring
- Hilton Head Firefighters' Association Awards Grant in support of K-12 Food Rescue Program
- 16-20 Hours a Week of Volunteer Time Helps Spread the Love to Hilton Head Workforce
- Beaufort Memorial Hospital joins the businesses providing rescued food to Second Helpings
- Second Helpings announces 2020 Board of Directors
- Canned Food Drive Benefits Second Helpings FILL THE NEED
- Spice and Tea Supports Second Helpings for a Second Year
- Bargain Box Awards New Grant to Second Helpings
- Palmetto Electric Trust grants funds in support of Healthy Food
- Hargray's Caring Coins Awards Grant for Food Rescue
- Berkeley Hall Charitable Fund Awards Healthy Food Grant
- Thank you to Hudson's Seafood and All the Thanksgiving Guests Who Feasted at the Community Dinner
- AND THE WINNER IS....
- Thank you Hampton Lake Tiger Bass Charitable Fund
- Hampton Lake Tiger Bass Race Charitable Fund Awards Grant to Second Helpings
- Gift Giving Made Easy: Buy or Give a Trip to Portugal...Sweet 16 Days Left to Buy Your Raffle Ticket
- Visit One of the Seven Natural Wonders of Portugal
- The Spice and Tea Exchange Collecting Food Donations for Second Helpings
- SHARE THE BOUNTY annual event presents Founder Awards
- Wells Fargo Advisors on Hilton Head Clean Second Helpings' trucks.
- Fine Wine and Dining Offered in SHARE THE BOUNTY Silent Auction
- Original Art Piece by Julie Jones Available at Second Helpings SHARE THE BOUNTY
- Chef Rollison of Lucky Rooster Offers Up a Great Silent Auction Item at SHARE THE BOUNTY. You have to attend to bid!
- Another great silent auction item at SHARE THE BOUNTY, Sept 26
- Raffle Tickets for a "Once in a Lifetime" Trip to Portugal
- Exciting New Silent Auction Item only available at our annual event SHARE THE BOUNTY
- One of the many silent action items at SHARE THE BOUNTY, September 26
- Tuesday, August 6 is Pizza Night in Beaufort
- Round It Up for Second Helpings at Frankie Bones in 2019
- Whole Foods Anniversary Celebration Benefits Second Helpings
- Foundation For The Carolinas
- Long Cove Community Endowment Fund within the CFLC
- Sonesta Resort Supports FILL THE NEED Program of Second Helpings/Palmetto Breeze Transit
- ReFED Report Worth Reading
- Postal Food Drive was Mother's Day Weekend
- BI-LO Community Bag Program for Second Helpings kicks off April 1
- Whole Foods to donate 5% of sales on April 18 to Second Helpings
- Birdies for Charity Benefits Second Helpings
- No Day Off at Second Helpings
- Food Lion Feeds Foundation Awards Grant to Second Helpings
- Second Helpings named 2018 PGA TOUR Charity of the Year
- Grant received from 2018 Hampton Lake Tiger Bass Race
- Grant Received from Hilton Head Area Association of Realtors
- A special thank you to Community Foundation of the Lowcountry
- The Church Mouse Thrift Shop provides grant for training
- Board Member is recognized by Morgan Stanley for his efforts on behalf of Second Helpings
- Job Opening in Beaufort - Join our Team
- Christmas comes early to Second Helpings
- Letter Carriers Food Drive
- Dataw Island Resident Joins Board of Directors of Second Helpings
- Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation Awards Second Helpings two grants in 2017-2018
- Employer HR Group helps Second Helpings
- Palmetto Breeze Transit and Second Helpings partner to FILL THE NEED!
- Second Helpings Wins Organization of the Year Award for Program to Provide with Palmetto Breeze Transit
- Hargray's Caring Coins Foundation Celebrates $3 million in donations
- Thank you Hampton Hall Charitable Fund
- Donate the Value of a Meal to Help Feed the Hungry
- Jo Pender Joins Second Helpings Board of Directors
- October Food Drive to help Hilton Head Employees who ride the Palmetto Breeze buses
- Congratulations to Palmetto Bluff - Recipient of the Founder Award
- September is Hunger Awareness Month
- Second Annual Hunger Games To Benefit Second Helpings
- Thank You - Long Cove Plantations residents
- Beaufort farms to provide fresh produce to Second Helpings partner agencies
- Share The Bounty - September 21, 2017
- Junior Service League of Beaufort Grant Reward 2016
- Grant from Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina
- Grant from Wexford Plantation Charitable Foundation
- Women in Philanthropy provides Grant to Second Helpings
- WOMEN POWER!!!
- Grant Received from Beaufort County Community Services
- Grant Received from Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation
- Second Helpings obtains grant for Fresh Food Initiative
- Group46 Received ADDY Award for Creative Word on Behalf of Second Helpings
- Second Helpings receives grant from the Belfair 1811 Charitable Fund
- Second Helpings hires new Executive Director
- Share the Bounty Success
- Doubling Down on Giving
- Top Ten States with the Highest Grocery Bills
- As the saying goes “It takes a village” but in our case a farm
- Share the Bounty - September 29
- Become a Food Waste Warrior
- 2015 Impact of Second Helpings
- Civitas Award 2014: Outstanding Non-Profit
- The Island News: Second Helpings
- SC Secretary of State Designates Second Helpings as a 2013 Angel Charity